Sunday, April 26, 2009

Hey, Hey, I wanna be a farm dog

(with my apologies to Nickeback)
Cause we all just wanna be big farm dogs
Living in log cabins, guarding 15 hogs
Farm dogs make the rules, we get to boss the sheep
Working hard all day we really earn our keep

And we hang out with the cats and mom
In the fields and the barn til the daylight's gone
Then we head to the house for a great big meal
Fall asleep happy, it's a darn good deal

Well, hey, hey, I wanna be a farm dog.

It's true, I think I want to be a farm dog.  I love hanging out with Mom & Dad in the yard.  It's the best job ever, and that's what farm dogs do.

I can also help inspect tools:

And I can keep an eye on the woods, scouting for coyotes or other dangerous predators:
       

You may try to tell me that farm life is hard.  It's hot and sweaty work, and the fields don't have running water.  That's okay, I can drink from a watering can.

And I know when to stop & smell the flowers (or eat them):

So I think I'm extremely qualified to be a farm dog.  Now I just need to convince Mom & Dad to live on a farm.

No comments:

Post a Comment